Politique de confidentialité
Last updated February 21, 2023
This privacy notice for Tree House Bonsai ("Company," "we," "us," or "our"), describes how and why we might collect, store, use, and/or share ("process") your information when you use our website ("Website") or purchase on our online shop.
Reading this privacy notice will help you understand your privacy rights and choices. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, please do not use our Services.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
HOW DO WE PROCESS YOUR INFORMATION?
WHEN AND WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP THE INFORMATION?
DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS NOTICE?
HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS NOTICE?
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you create an account on our website or make a purchase. We do not process sensitive information.
- First and last name
- Username and password (if you create an account)
- Email address
- Phone number
- Address (delivery and/or billing)
- IP address
- Payment information, such as credit card payment data (in case of purchase)
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use, or navigate the Website. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Services, and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Website, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes. We do not share or sell them to third parties.
2. HOW DO WE PROCESS YOUR INFORMATION?
We process your information to provide, improve, and administer our Website, communicate with you, for security and fraud prevention, and to comply with law.
We collect your personal information in several ways, including:
- Directly from you when setting up an account and personal profile, purchasing goods or services through the Website.
- Automatically as you interact with the Website, such as approximate location, data on browsing activities and patterns, times and dates of logins, and event data. For personal information collected by cookies, we have set this out in more detail below.
- From third parties, including analytics providers, that we use to operate the Website and its services.
3. WHEN AND WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
In some circumstances, we may disclose personal information to third-party service providers to carry out certain business purposes on our behalf. For example, we use third-party services for hosting, designing and operating the website, analytics and payment processing
We also use Google and Facebook services for analytics and from time to time for ad-serving, which may set and access their own cookies and web beacons on your device. You can access additional information on their practices on their own platforms.
Additionally, we may disclose personal information to enforce our Terms of Service, comply with legal obligations, or to protect our rights or property, the Website, its users, or the public. Finally, in connection with a corporate change or restructuring, we reserve the right to disclose and transfer all information related to the Website, including personal information and usage information.
We use different types of cookies on our website, including strictly necessary cookies, analytical or performance cookies, and functionality cookies.
Strictly necessary cookies are essential for the operation of our website, and they allow you to perform specific actions on our site, such as logging into secure areas, using a shopping cart, or making use of e-billing services.
Analytical or performance cookies are used to gather information about website usage, including the number of visitors, the pages viewed, and the duration of visits. This information helps us to improve the website's functionality, for example, by ensuring that users can easily find the information they need.
Functionality cookies are used to recognise you when you return to our website, allowing us to personalize your experience. For instance, we can greet you by name and remember your language or region preferences.
We do not share any of the information collected by cookies with third parties. However, if you block all cookies, including strictly necessary ones, using your browser settings, you may not be able to access some parts of our website.
5. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting, or other legal requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize such information, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
6. DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Website, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Website. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records.
7. WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
If you decide not to disclose your personal information, you may face difficulties in utilizing the Website or its functionalities. This applies particularly if you choose not to provide your name, which is necessary for setting up an online account.
Depending on where you reside, you may have specific data protection rights that govern your privacy.
If you live in the United States: you may access and update the personal information you provided to set up your account, or terminate your account, at any time through your account. If you would like to obtain a copy of all personal information gathered by the Website, terminate your account, or if you would like to correct or delete your information, you may submit a request to us by email at email@example.com.
If you live in California, you are granted specific rights regarding access to your personal information. California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the "Shine The Light" law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using email.
If you live in the European Union or United Kingdom, you are entitled to the following rights:
- You have the right to request access to your personal information.
- You have the right to request the correction of any personal information that we hold about you.
- You have the right to request the erasure of your personal data.
- You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data, where we rely on a legitimate interest (or that of a third party) and there is something specific about your situation that makes you object to processing based on this ground, as you feel it infringes on your fundamental rights and freedoms.
- You have the right to request the transfer of your personal information to you or a third party.
- You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time if we rely on consent to process your personal data.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint at any time with your data protection regulator.
Additional data protection rights may apply depending on where you reside.
As general practices:
- If you wish to stop receiving newsletters from us, you can click on the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of the email.
- We will not discriminate against you for using your privacy rights. We try to respond to all legitimate requests within two weeks, but if your request is complex or you make multiple requests, it may take longer.
- If you notice any improper collection or misuse of personal information, please let us know. Depending on where you live, you may also have the option to file a complaint with your local data protection authority.
8. CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems and mobile applications include a Do-Not-Track ("DNT") feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. At this stage no uniform technology standard for recognizing and implementing DNT signals has been finalized. As such, we do not currently respond to DNT browser signals or any other mechanism that automatically communicates your choice not to be tracked online. If a standard for online tracking is adopted that we must follow in the future, we will inform you about that practice in a revised version of this privacy notice.
9. DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS NOTICE?
We may update this privacy notice from time to time to stay compliant with relevant laws.. The updated version will be indicated by an updated "Revised" date and the updated version will be effective as soon as it is accessible.
10. HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS NOTICE?
If you have questions or comments about this notice, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org